Angel Hair Pasta with Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb
- bulk italian sausage
- 1/4 c
- oil (i use avocado oil)
- medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 28 oz. cans peeled tomatoes, squished up
- 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- rounded tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- basil leaves, if you have some
- 1 tsp
- sugar or to taste
- 1 lb
- angel hair pasta
How to Make Angel Hair Pasta with Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce
- 1Brown sausage in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked thoroughly, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan or small Dutch Oven, heat oil and saute onion and garlic powder until onions are tender.
- 3Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices and whisk together well. Add sausage to mix and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 4Serve over cooked pasta. NOTE: I only use sugar in my sauces because of my mother's preference. You might want to start out without any and test to your own liking.