1 lb.ground beef
1/2 cupfinely chopped onions
·lawrys seasoned salt, season according to taste
·black pepper, season according to taste
1 tablesp.dark brown sugar
1 can(10.75 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
1 can(10.5 oz.) can condensed cream of celery, or chicken, or mushroom soup
8 ouncesvelveeta pasteurized cheese, cut into thin slices
4 cupsextra-wide noodles (7 ounces)
How to Make Amish Casserole
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion; drain off any excess grease.
- Season the cooked beef with Lawrys Seasoned Salt and black pepper; according to taste.
- Add tomato soup and brown sugar to the cooked beef, and stir. (Do not add any additional liquid.)
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, and then drain them.
- Add the cream of celery soup to the hot-cooked noodles, and stir. (Do not add any additional liquid.)
- In a (2-1/2 quart) casserole baking dish, add the beef/soup mixture.
- Top with the thinly slices of Velveeta Cheese.
- Add the noodle/soup mixture on top of the Velveeta Cheese slices.
- Cover, and bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.