Yummy Thai Noodle Bowl.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- seeded cucumber or english cucumber, cut to matchstick size
- 3 dash(es)
- salt, enough to toss with cucumber sticks
- 1 lb
- ground pork, can use ground chicken as well
- 3 clove
- garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 sprig(s)
- ginger, about 1", peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp
- sriracha or other hot sauce. i like the sweetness of the srirach
- 2 Tbsp
- canola, coconut, peanut. not olive, has too much flavor
- 4 c
- chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- fish sauce, do not omit, does not taste "fishy" is an amalgamator
- 1 bunch
- swiss chard, escarole or any hearty green, clean and roughly torn, no need to chop
- 1 bunch
- scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 pkg
- udon or other thai noodle, comes prepackage and ready to microwave, buy with no flavoring
- 4 slice
- lime wedges
- 1 tsp
- five spice, you can find this in any chinese section in grocery store
How to Make Yummy Thai Noodle Bowl.
- 1Cut cucumber into matchstick size and sprinkle and toss with salt, just enough to cover. You will serve this as topping for finished product. Adds so much freshness!
- 2Add oil to deep skillet or soup pot and heat. The vessel you use will contain the 4 servings of soup.
- 3Lightly and quickly saute pork, garlic,ginger, pepper, sriracha and five spice. Break up with spoon and brown and pork is cooked through. About 8 minutes
- 4Add chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce and 1 cup of water and bring to low simmer.
- 5At simmer, add the chard and scallions and stir until the chard(or any hearty green) is just wilted. Usually takes about 2 minutes once you get it all in. Don't worry, it wilts down very small.
- 6Microwave noodles in pack per instruction. Or if making your own, cook your udon or rice noodles now.
- 7Add drained noodles or microwave noodles to 4 bowls and ladle soup mixture over noodles. Top with crunchy cucumbers and a squeeze of lime wedge.
- 8This makes a mildly spicy soup bowl. Keep sriracha or hot sauce handy as others may find it too mild.