1-1/2 lbs.venison meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (l used meat from a roast)
1 cancream of mushroom soup
1 (1 oz.)pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 cupcanned tomatoes, cut-up (from a 14.5 oz. can)
1 can(4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
·hot mashed potatoes (or) cooked wide noodles
How to Make Venison Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease the inside of a 2-quart casserole baking dish.
- Place the uncooked meat in the greased baking dish.
- Add the can of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, the canned tomatoes and sliced mushrooms, in the baking dish, and stir.
- Cover the baking dish, place it in the oven, and bake the casserole for 2 hours.
- When meat is done cooking, serve over hot mashed potatoes, or cooked wide noodles.
- Note: Adding the mushrooms is optional.