- 1 lb
- veal cutlet, pounded thin
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 3/4 c
- fine bread ceumbs
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 c
- marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 8 oz
- shredded mozzrella cheese
How to Make Veal Parmesan
- 1Combine bread crumbs and the 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 2Dip cutlets into egg mixture which has been beaten with the salt and pepper, then into bread crumbs.
- 3Place meat on a rack to dry for 20 minutes.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Brown cutlets 2 minutes on both sides, in hot oil over medium heat or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Place cutlets in a 3 quart baking dish.
Pour sauce over cutlets and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cover, use foil, and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
- 6Remove cover and top with Mozzarella cheese.
Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.