Tuscan Lamb Shanks with White Beans
- lamb shanks (2 pounds total)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- large onion, chopped
- medium carrots, chopped
- celery ribs, chopped
- garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- (14-ounces) can diced tomatoes in juice
- rosemary sprigs
- cup dried navy beans, picked over
- 3 1/2 c
- garnish: chopped flat-leaf parsley; extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
How to Make Tuscan Lamb Shanks with White Beans
- 1Pat lamb shanks dry and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper each.
Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then brown shanks well, 1 at a time, transferring to a plate.
- 2Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to pressure cooker and sauté until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
Add tomatoes with juice and rosemary and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir in beans, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3Return lamb shanks to pressure cooker and bring to a boil.
Seal lid and cook at high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions, 30 minutes.
- 4Put pressure cooker in sink (do not remove lid) and run cold water over lid until pressure goes down completely.
Remove lid and discard rosemary, then transfer shanks to a cutting board and coarsely shred meat.