Traditional Greek Lentils-Village Life Lentils
- 4 c
- dried caviar black lentils (also known as beluga lentils)
- fresh bay leaves, rubbed (original recipe indicates between 4-12 bay leaves)
- heads of garlic, peeled and cut in half (used only 2 cloves of garlic in this recipe)
- 2 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Traditional Greek Lentils-Village Life Lentils
- 1Rinse and sort the lentils. Place the lentils and the bay leaves in a large stock pot.
- 2Add the peeled garlic to the pot of lentils. Cover with an inch of water and boil gently until the lentils are soft, approximately 15-20 minutes. Add more water if needed. The last 5 minutes of cooking stir in 2 teaspoons of salt.
- 3Ladle the cooked lentils into serving bowls. Garnish each serving with a drizzle of olive oil, splash of red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Posted 5 August 2014