Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largespaghetti squash
1 can(s)spaghetti sauce your favorite kind
6meatballs, already made or left over
2 sliceprovolone cheese, rounds. make it 4 slices for better looks
How to Make Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half across it not lengthwise. Cut off the end of each half so it will have a base to sit on. Be careful not to cut so much off that the sauce will leak out the bottom.
- Put 1 inch of water in a deep pan, like a roasting pan and place each half of the squash big cut side down into the water. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender inside. Remove from oven.
- While the squash is cooking heat spaghetti sauce and doctor it up the way you like best. Add cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer till the squash is done. Empty the pan of water and place each squash half small cut side down. Fill with spaghetti sauce and add 3 meatballs each. Top with at least one piece of provolone cheese. More can't hurt.
- Return to oven at 350 degrees and bake until cheese is just turning brown. About 10 minutes.
- To serve give each person a whole half squash and a fork and big spoon and a hunk of garlic toast. This is as much fun to eat as it is to look at. If you are on a low carb diet this will satisfy your craving for pasta too.