- 1 lb.
- ground beef (l used 87% lean)
- 1/3 cup
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 5 tablesp.
- (mild) taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablesp.
- plain bread crumbs (or use ground flaxseed)
- 1/8 tsp.
- cayenne pepper
- use desired amount to top meatloaf
How to Make Southwestern Meatloaf
- 1Lightly grease the inside (bottom only) of one 8x8-inch Teflon coated baking pan. Set pan aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 375º F.
- 3In a bowl mix together thoroughly, the ground beef, water, egg, taco seasoning, bread crumbs or flaxseed, and the cayenne pepper.
- 4Add the meat mixture to the baking pan, and shape into a loaf (7-inches in length -by- 3-1/4 inches in width).
- 5Top meat meatloaf with ketchup, and bake in oven for 1 hour.
- 6After removing the pan from oven, let the meatloaf sit for 5 minutes, before slicing and serving.
- 7Note: When it comes to adding either the bread crumbs or flaxseed, be sure to just add the 1 tablespoon. Surprisingly, that's all the recipe needs to hold this meatloaf together.