1 lb.ground beef (l used 87% lean)
1 largeegg, beaten
5 tablesp.(mild) taco seasoning mix
1 tablesp.plain bread crumbs (or use ground flaxseed)
1/8 tsp.cayenne pepper
ketchup,use desired amount to top meatloaf
How to Make Southwestern Meatloaf
- Lightly grease the inside (bottom only) of one 8x8-inch Teflon coated baking pan. Set pan aside.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a bowl mix together thoroughly, the ground beef, water, egg, taco seasoning, bread crumbs or flaxseed, and the cayenne pepper.
- Add the meat mixture to the baking pan, and shape into a loaf (7-inches in length -by- 3-1/4 inches in width).
- Top meat meatloaf with ketchup, and bake in oven for 1 hour.
- After removing the pan from oven, let the meatloaf sit for 5 minutes, before slicing and serving.
- Note: When it comes to adding either the bread crumbs or flaxseed, be sure to just add the 1 tablespoon. Surprisingly, that's all the recipe needs to hold this meatloaf together.