Roadhouse Burger Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a meal in itself! The caramelized onions really gave this dish a nice sweet flavor. The mix of cheeses can't be beat. The onion rings top this fun casserole perfectly! The Test Kitchen
4onion rolls, crumbled
3/4 clight brown sugar
2 lbground chuck
8cooked bacon strips, chopped
1 jar(s)roasted garlic alfredo sauce
1 tspgarlic pepper
2 cshredded Wisconsin gruyere cheese
3 cfrozen onion rings, divided
8 slicewhite American cheese
How to Make Roadhouse Burger Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 13"x9" baking pan with cooking spray. Add crumbled onion rolls.
- In a small skillet, melt margarine in medium heat, stir in brown sugar and red onion, caramelized for 6 minutes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground chuck over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add caramelized onions, chopped bacon, alfredo sauce and garlic powder; stir until blended. Simmer over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Pour half of beef mixture into a prepared baking pan.Top with shredded gruyere cheese and frozen onion rings; top with remaining beef mixture and remaining onion rings. Add white American cheese slices on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.