Cindi M Bauer
1 tablesp.vegetable oil
1 lb.ground beef
1 largeonion, chopped
2 clovesgarlic, minced
saltseason to taste (see *note)
pepperseason to taste (see *note)
2(14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
8 ounceselbow macaroni, uncooked
Garnish:the dish with kraft grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Poverty Meal
- In a large deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil.
(I used my chicken fryer when preparing this meal.)
- Add the ground beef, and cook until the meat has browned 3/4's of the way.
- Now add the onion and garlic, and finish browning the meat and onion. Drain off any excess grease.
- Season meat and onion with the salt and pepper.
- Now add the stewed tomatoes, the can of water, and the uncooked macaroni. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to almost a simmer. Cook and stir occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes, until the macaroni is cooked through. (Do not cover the skillet while cooking this dish.)
- Once cooked, serve immediately, and sprinkle each serving with the parmesan cheese.
- *Note: If desired, you can substitute Lawry's Seasoned Salt for the table salt, and substitute Lawry's Seasoned Black Pepper for the black pepper.