Pj's Creamed Beef
- 12 oz
- carl buddng corned beef
- 12 oz
- carl buddng beef
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- 8 c
- 1 large
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (may need to add alittle more before serving depending on how you like it)
- 3/4 tsp
- pepper (may need to add more before serving depending on how you like it)
How to Make Pj's Creamed Beef
- 2Cut Corned beef & beef, Chop onion, set aside. (I use scissors for the meat- now now don't laugh, its easy, less mess and makes perfect little squares of meet)
- 4Add onion, salt & pepper, cover and cook on low heat until onions are tender.
- 5Keep on low heat, Slowly add flour (not all in one place, sprinkle all over the meat) stir till blended-will be kinda dry or thick.
- 6Slowly add about 3 cups of milk and stir till all blended nicely- turn heat up till its just starting to bubble then add the rest of the milk, bring to a full boil stirring frequently so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 7Everything is already cooked so you are mainly just cooking it to thicken it up, once its the consistency you like, pour over toast or cut up bread pieces (our preference) and serve!
- 8Tip: If after 10-15 min on a low boil and its still not thickening to your liking, you can add more flour, and bring to a high boil again (when it reaches boiling, reduce heat) Make sure you add some milk to the flour before adding it to the hot creamed beef or it will clump. Make it the consistancy of pancake mix then slowly pour it in while stirring. And of course, if the creamed beef is to thick, just add alittle milk. Usually when you re-heat next day, you will need to add alittle more milk.