Pecan Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 medium
- size chicken drumsticks
- 1-2 large
- 3/4 cup
- finely crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1/3 cup
- finely chopped pecans
- teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 -1/2
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon onion powder
- teaspoon black pepper
- tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make Pecan Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
- 1In a gallon size Ziploc storage bag, add the crushed corn flakes, finely chopped pecans, sugar, salt, onion powder, and the black pepper; shake well to mix.
- 2Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 3Spray the foil-lined baking sheet with a nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 4At this point I preheated the oven to 375 degrees.
- 5In a deep-dish bowl, add the egg(s); beat well with a fork.
- 6Toss the chicken legs one at a time, in the egg mixture to coat each drumstick.
- 7Then place chicken legs one at a time, in the pecan/cereal mixture in the Ziploc bag.
- 8Seal the bag, and shake the bag to coat each chicken leg.
- 9Place the chicken on the foiled lined baking sheet, and drizzle each drumstick with a little bit of the melted butter.
- 10Bake chicken in the oven for 55 minutes. (Do not turn the chicken while it's baking.)
- 11Note: I have prepared this pecan chicken before, and using larger size drumsticks, but I was only able to coat 7-(4 oz.) drumsticks with the nutty/cereal coating mix.