Pecan Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
10 mediumsize chicken drumsticks
3/4 cupfinely crushed corn flakes cereal
1/3 cupfinely chopped pecans
1/2teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 -1/2teaspoon salt
1/2teaspoon onion powder
1/4teaspoon black pepper
3tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make Pecan Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
- In a gallon size Ziploc storage bag, add the crushed corn flakes, finely chopped pecans, sugar, salt, onion powder, and the black pepper; shake well to mix.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray the foil-lined baking sheet with a nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray.
- At this point I preheated the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a deep-dish bowl, add the egg(s); beat well with a fork.
- Toss the chicken legs one at a time, in the egg mixture to coat each drumstick.
- Then place chicken legs one at a time, in the pecan/cereal mixture in the Ziploc bag.
- Seal the bag, and shake the bag to coat each chicken leg.
- Place the chicken on the foiled lined baking sheet, and drizzle each drumstick with a little bit of the melted butter.
- Bake chicken in the oven for 55 minutes. (Do not turn the chicken while it's baking.)
- Note: I have prepared this pecan chicken before, and using larger size drumsticks, but I was only able to coat 7-(4 oz.) drumsticks with the nutty/cereal coating mix.