October Pumpkin Pot
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 (7) ptpumpkin
1 1/2 lbhot italian sausage links (1-inch slices)
2 csliced italian sweet peppers
1 1/2 conions, chopped
2apples, cored and cubed
3 mediumzuchinni, cubed
2/3 cdry white wine
1/3 cgolden raisins
1/4 tspdry thyme
How to Make October Pumpkin Pot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut top off pumpkin. Discard seeds and stringy pulp.
- Place pumpkin cut side down in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Fill pan with1/2-inch of water. Bake pumpkin for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until sides are tender to the touch.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add peppers, onion, and apples and sauté until onions are transparent. Add remaining ingredients, including sausage and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pumpkin from pan and discard water. Replace pumpkin in pan cut side up. Fill with sausage mixture.
- Cover with foil and return to oven for another 10 minutes. Serve directly from pumpkin, scooping out pumpkin to accompany each serving.