October Pumpkin Pot
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 (7) pt
- 1 1/2 lb
- hot italian sausage links (1-inch slices)
- 2 c
- sliced italian sweet peppers
- 1 1/2 c
- onions, chopped
- apples, cored and cubed
- 3 medium
- zuchinni, cubed
- 2/3 c
- dry white wine
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- golden raisins
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- dry thyme
How to Make October Pumpkin Pot
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut top off pumpkin. Discard seeds and stringy pulp.
- 3Place pumpkin cut side down in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Fill pan with1/2-inch of water. Bake pumpkin for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until sides are tender to the touch.
- 4Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 5Add peppers, onion, and apples and sauté until onions are transparent. Add remaining ingredients, including sausage and bring to a boil.
- 6Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove pumpkin from pan and discard water. Replace pumpkin in pan cut side up. Fill with sausage mixture.
- 8Cover with foil and return to oven for another 10 minutes. Serve directly from pumpkin, scooping out pumpkin to accompany each serving.