Low Carb Squash and Brat Skillet
- bratwurst or other sausage
- medium zucchini
- medium yellow squash
- large onion, sliced and halved
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 16 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, with juice
- tsp. garlic powder
- tsp. dried basil
- tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- cups shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Low Carb Squash and Brat Skillet
- 1Pour 1/4 cup oil into a skillet. Slice onion about 1/4 inch thick and then cut the slices in half. Cook on med-hi heat until onions are almost tender.
- 2Slice sausages on a diagonal, about 1/2 in. thick. Slice zucchini and yellow squash into 1/2 inch slices and then cut them in half. Put the sausage and squash slices in skillet with the onion, over med-hi heat until almost at desired tenderness. Squash will create a lot of liquid so right before adding tomato sauce mixture, drain most of the liquid/water out of the skillet.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix petite diced tomatoes and tomato sauce with the garlic powder, basil, and oregano. Mix well and pour over sausages and veggies. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until veggies are at a desired tenderness.
Sprinkle mozzarella over each portion until melted. Serve.