Lebanese Style Vegetable Ragout
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onions, chopped
- garlic cloves, chopped
- (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- carrots, sliced
- medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- bunch parsley, cleaned and tied with string
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar (optional, i choose not to use it)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- ground coriander
- medium zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c
- plain yogurt
How to Make Lebanese Style Vegetable Ragout
- 1In a medium casserole, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions, stirring occasionally until golden, 4-5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and cook, stirring 1 minute. Add tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and parsley. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- 3Add brown sugar, lemon pepper, cinnamon, coriander, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and garbanzo beans. Cover and cook for 10 minute.
- 4To serve, discard parsley, Stir in yogurt and heat through.