If you don't have seasoned cooked ground beef in the fridge (how many of us do?) it just takes a very few mins to scramble it up. It doesn't even need to be fully cooked - half way would be ok, remember you'll be cooking it again right away in the peppers.
- medium sized green peppers
- 1 c
- marinara sauce
- 1 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c
- cooked ground beef (you'll want it cooked with some minced garlic and a pinch of salt)
How to Make Lasanga Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 375F.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2Slice tops off of green peppers, so that they resemble bowls.
Remove any seeds to hollow out the peppers.
Par boil (or microwave) to soften the peppers to your liking. Keep in mind that they will continue to cook while baking.
- 3Add 1/4 cup of ground beef.
Then layer 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
Then sprinkle on cheese until the cheese reaches the brim of the pepper bowl.
Repeat with remaining peppers.
Place peppers on baking sheet.
- 4Bake for about 10 minutes.
After 5 minutes, turn heat up to 400F so that the cheese begins to bubble and blister.