Irish Tacos Indeed!
- 2-3 c
- leftover mashed potatoes or leftover roasted potatoes, diced (such as irish 'champ')
- corn tortillas or flour tortillas (we used corn tortillas and a mix of corn/flour tortillas)
- 1/4 c
- frozen peas (not necessary to thaw)
- scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 slice
- candied bacon, cooked and crumbled (or your favorite vegetarian version)
- 1/2 c
- white onion, diced small
- 1/2-3/4 c
- irish sharp cheddar cheese, grated (we used: dubliner, skellig and trader joe's isle of man roasted onion and scallion)
- fresh cilantro
- fresh green chilies, sliced or minced or green tomatillo salsa
- baby arugula (or other greens)
How to Make Irish Tacos Indeed!
- 1Note: I candied the bacon by drizzling some real maple syrup on top, sprinkled with chopped pecans and baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Steam or fry the tortillas.
- 2Heat up the leftover mashed potatoes. OR, we used leftover roasted potatoes which I warmed up in a little bit of oil in a skillet. I added the frozen green peas and scallions the last 1 minute of cooking.
- 3Spoon the mashed potatoes into the tortillas. Add the garnishes!