Frijoles Negros a la Cubana
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbdried black beans (soaked for 4 hours in water to cover)
4 tspolive oil
1/2 cdiced smoked pork or salt pork
1/2green bell pepper (diced)
1 clovegarlic (minced)
1 tspground black pepper
How to Make Frijoles Negros a la Cubana
- In a bowl, soak the beans in water to cover by 2 inches for 4 hours. Drain.
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, heat olive oil. Add smoked or salted pork and brown.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and pepper is tender
- Add ham hock, bay leaf, black pepper, drained beans, and 3 cups water. Lock lid and place cooker over high heat.
- When regulator rotates, lower heat to medium-high and set timer for 6 minutes.
- When time is up, release pressure by removing cooker from heat, letting cool 10 minutes, then placing in sink under cold running water
- Season with salt to taste.