Frijoles Negros a la Cubana
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- dried black beans (soaked for 4 hours in water to cover)
- ham hocks
- 4 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- diced smoked pork or salt pork
- green bell pepper (diced)
- onion (diced)
- 1 clove
- garlic (minced)
- bay leaves
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make Frijoles Negros a la Cubana
- 1In a bowl, soak the beans in water to cover by 2 inches for 4 hours. Drain.
- 2In a 6-quart pressure cooker, heat olive oil. Add smoked or salted pork and brown.
- 3Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and pepper is tender
- 4Add ham hock, bay leaf, black pepper, drained beans, and 3 cups water. Lock lid and place cooker over high heat.
- 5When regulator rotates, lower heat to medium-high and set timer for 6 minutes.
- 6When time is up, release pressure by removing cooker from heat, letting cool 10 minutes, then placing in sink under cold running water
- 7Season with salt to taste.