1 cyellow corn meal
1 lbhamburger (opintional)
1 can(s)enchilada sauce (small 6oz can)
1 ccheese, shredded ( your favorite)
1 can(s)4 oz can of mild chopped green chili's
How to Make Fried Polenta with Enchilada sauce and Cheese
- Boil 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt
- Mix 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of yellow corn meal together
- Pour water an corn meal mixed in to boiling water slowly. Stir as you pour into boiling water.
- Turn heat to low after mixture is in the water.
*** electric stoves turn heat down just before you pour the mixture into water **
Stir until it thickens.
Turn stove to simmer, cover an simmer about 5 mins.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan, let sit for about half hour. then place in the frig for an hour or until you are ready to cook dinner.
- When ready to fix dinner, brown Hamburger. Drain oil from it as much as you can.
- I add about 2 tablespoons of the green chili's to the meat, and stir.
- Take Polenta ( cornmeal) from frig an tip out of dish onto cutting board. Cut into 1/4 inches slices.
- place slices in flour to coat. Place slices in fry pan with small amount of hot oil......Fry each side until golden brown.
- Place single layer of Fried cornmeal slices into a 9x13 backing dish.
- Pour Hamburger on the top of fried cornmeal spread to cover.
- Pour can of Enchilada Sauce evenly over Hamburger an Polenta (cornmeal)
- Sprinkle Cheese on top. Place in Broiler until Cheese is melted. And serve.. place left over green chiles on table to be use as each person wants.