Five O'Clock Franks
A Campbell Cookbook Most-For-The-Money Main Dishes. I did however tweak the recipe a bit, substituting one soup for another, and also using another kind of noodles.
1 (16 oz.)pkg. franks, cut into 1/2" pieces
1/2 cupchopped onion
2 tablesp.butter or margarine
1 can(10-3/4 oz.) campbell's fiesta nacho cheese soup
1-1/2 cupsuncooked rotini noodles
8 ouncesfrozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
How to Make Five O'Clock Franks
- In a 10-inch skillet, brown the franks and onion in butter until tender; stirring often. (I browned the franks and onion over medium to medium-low heat within 5 minutes.)
- Stir in the soup, ketchup, and water.
- Add the cooked noodles and cooked green beans;
stir and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper, according to taste.
- *Note: Campbell's original recipe states to use a can of cheddar cheese soup, but I opt to use Fiesta Nacho Cheese, which gave this hot dish a bit of a 'kick'. Also, I cooked the frozen green beans with 2 tablespoons of water, in a 900 watt microwave oven for 9 minutes; stirring them after 4 mins and 30 sec. I should also mention, I cooked the noodles for 9 minutes.