☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- spinach, frozen
- phyllo dough
- feta cheese
- onions diced
- salt and pepper
How to Make Easy Spanokopita (Spinach pie)
- 1Take phyllo dough and spinach from freezer at least 2 hours before cooking to thaw.
- 2Dice small onion, cook in large saucepan with 3 tsp butter
- 3Add thawed, drained spinach to pan, sprinkle with salt pepper and nutmeg. STIR IN FETA CHEESE.
In another bowl, melt 3-4 more tbs of butter.
- 4Place 4 or 5 layers of phyllo in 8X9 pan. Brush with melted butter. Cover phyllo with spinach/feta mixture.
- 5Cover spinach mixture with 4-5 more layers of phjyllo. Brush top layer with butter.
- 6Bake in 300 degree over for 20 minutes or untilk light, golden brown