Adrienne Walstrom Rostad
4 slicebread, whatever kind you like. i prefer texas toast as it doesnt get soggy.
16 ounce can(s)bush's baked beans
1/2 pkgbacon, uncooked
4 sliceamerican cheese slices, one per cowboy
How to Make COWBOYS
- Place pieces of bread on a broiler pan, 1-2 per person usually.
- cover each piece of bread with a layer of bush's baked beans, just enough to cover, don't pile it on or bread will get soggy. One small can usually covers 4 pieces
- Cut bacon slices in half, I use scissors and cut whole package in half, then I can freeze what i dont use. Place 3 half strips of bacon on top of beans on each cowboy.
- Place pan in oven on broil, keep an eye in them as you will have to flip bacon often until bacon is cooked to your preference.
- Once bacon is crisp and edges of bread are toasty, place one slice of american cheese on each cowboy, put back in oven until cheese is melted. And voila your cowboys are done.