Photo adapted from Allrecipes.
- 2 Tbsp
- 1-1/2 lb
- striped bass fillets or skinless cod, cut into serving pieces
- 1 lb
- shelled and deveined shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1-1/2 lb
- crab or 2 (12 ounces) packages frozen crab, cut into chunks
- large onion, chopped
- medium green pepper, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 can(s)
- (28 ounces) tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 1/4 c
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cioppino
- 1Thaw crab and shrimp.
Cover and refrigerate shellfish and fish till needed, about 45 minutes before serving.
- 2In Dutch oven over medium heat in hot oil, cook onion, green pepper and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and their liquid, wine, parsley and seasoning; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Increase heat to medium high; add fresh crab and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If using frozen crab, add during last 2 minutes of cooking.
Carefully add fillet pieces and shrimp. Return to boiling; then reduce heat.
- 4Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and shrimp are tender.
Serve immediately in soup bowls.