Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce
How to Make Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break the chilies into several pieces. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drain reserving 2 cups chili water.
- Place in blender with garlic and chili water. Blend until smooth. return to saucepan and keep warm.
- Dip tortilla into warm sauce for a few seconds to soften.
- Spread 2 tablespoons grated cheese and 1 tablespoon onion down middle od tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the filling and place seam side down in 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas are filled and rolled.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cover with remaining sauce and keep warm in a 225 degree oven until ready to serve.