Brown Butter Honey Apple Monte Cristo Sandwich
How to Make Brown Butter Honey Apple Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Cut apple into four, core and slice each quartered apple thinly.
- Make brown butter honey apple. In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until foaming subsides. Then turn off the heat and let stand until brown. Stir in apples, honey and cinnamon. Toss to coat well. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, put panko and roast until brown. Set aside.
- In a shallow medium-large bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- On one slice bread, put cheddar cheese slices, brown butter honey apples, sprinkle panko and the other slice bread to close sandwich. Then put into the egg mixture bowl, coat both sides of the sandwich with the egg mixture.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Place the sandwich and cook until the bottom is browned. Turn the sandwich and cook the other side until brown.
- Take the sandwich out, place on a cutting board, cut the sandwich into half and place on a serving plate.