Bourbon Chicken Wings
2 lbs.chicken wings (*see note)
·vegetable oil cooking spray (used to cook the wings)
1/4 cupbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tsp.garlic powder
1/4 tsp.ground ginger
1/4 cupless sodium soy sauce
1/4 cupbourbon (or apple juice)
How to Make Bourbon Chicken Wings
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, bourbon (or apple juice) and the ketchup.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place wings in the skillet, and pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Cover skillet, and cook the wings over medium heat for 16-18 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Be sure to turn the wings often, to prevent them from sticking to the skillet.
- Serve wings on a plate or platter, and spoon any additional sauce from the skillet, over the chicken.
- *Note: When preparing this recipe, I used 6 wings and 6 drumettes (about 2 lbs.). Also, cooking time may vary when preparing the wings. The 1st time I prepared them, they were done cooking within 18 minutes. The 2nd time I prepared them, they were done cooking within 16 minutes.