Black Bean Enchiladas
1 pkgdried black beans
1 largepackage corn or flour tortillas
1 largeonion chopped and sauteed in butter
1 largecarton sour cream
1/2 lbqueso fresco, grated
·fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 cshredded lettuce
1 ctomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 cripe avocado, chopped
1 cgreen onion tops, chopped
How to Make Black Bean Enchiladas
- Soak beans overnight, in a large stock pot. Drain and place back in pot and cook to package directions with cubed salt pork. Remove salt pork.
- Mash 2/3 of the beans while warm. Add the whole beans to the mixture.
- Pour oil in an 8-inch skillet 1/2 inch deep and heat to warm. Fry tortillas in oil until softened (about 3 seconds.) Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13x2 inch baking dish.
- Fill center of tortilla with a large heaping tablespoon of bean mixture, sprinkle with sauté onion and roll up.
- Place in baking dish seam side down. Spread with sour cream and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with you favorite hot sauce, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and chopped avocados, and chopped green onion.
NOTE: For a richer version use flour tortillas.