- 3 lbs.
- ground beef
- heads of cabbage
- pckgs. of bridgfords frozen bread rolls
- tsp. garlic powder or 2 cloves
- salt to taste
- pepper, i use quite a bit 2-3 tbsp. or so, but you be the judge when sampling the spiciness
- med chopped onions
How to Make Beerrocks
- 1Thaw the frozen bread, & once thawed I slice to try & get at least 7 good size slices
- 2Cook (on medium heat) crumbled ground beef together with cabbage, onion, garlic & spices(this requires a large stock pot)& I layer them so it will be evenly divided until meat, cabbage & onion are fully cooked. The pepper is what brings out the great flavor. Once cooked, drain out the liquid,& let cool.
- 3Roll out each bread slice on a lightly floured board to approx. 7 inch round. Place about 3-4 heaping tablespoons (or more if you like), cooled mixture into each round sealing each one then placing sealed side down on a very lightly greased baking pan with sides (to catch any excess liquid). Let them rise for about 10-15 minutes before baking. If you like you can brush tops with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned. I serve these with potato salad....yummy!