Antoinette's Ham Casserole
Substitutions: I hate the thought of the C of M soup, so I usually make a Mushroom soup to use instead of the can and the milk. See the recipe for mushroom soup.
3/4 lbcooked ham, diced
1 Tbspolive oil
2 1/4 tspflour
1 can(s)undiluted condensed cream of mushroom soup
3 cscrubbed, sliced potatoes (not peeled)
0.25 tspminced onion
How to Make Antoinette's Ham Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oil to a skillet and brown ham lightly. Remove it to a dish.
- Add the flour to the skillet, and stir to make a roux.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup. Stir to mix. Add salt and pepper to the mix.
- Slowly stir in milk. Heat, stirring, until it simmers.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 quart casserole, layer ham, potatoes, carrots & onions. Repeat layers unitl all is used up.
- Gently pour in the milk/soup mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a salad and or green beans!