Antoinette's Ham Casserole
Substitutions: I hate the thought of the C of M soup, so I usually make a Mushroom soup to use instead of the can and the milk. See the recipe for mushroom soup.
- 3/4 lb
- cooked ham, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 1/4 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- undiluted condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c
- 3 c
- scrubbed, sliced potatoes (not peeled)
- 0.25 tsp
- minced onion
- 0.75 tsp
- 0.25 tsp
How to Make Antoinette's Ham Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Add oil to a skillet and brown ham lightly. Remove it to a dish.
- 3Add the flour to the skillet, and stir to make a roux.
- 4Add the cream of mushroom soup. Stir to mix. Add salt and pepper to the mix.
- 5Slowly stir in milk. Heat, stirring, until it simmers.
- 6Meanwhile, in a 2 quart casserole, layer ham, potatoes, carrots & onions. Repeat layers unitl all is used up.
- 7Gently pour in the milk/soup mixture.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- 9Serve with a salad and or green beans!