~Almost my Grandpop's Kapusta~
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 1/2 lb
- pork country ribs individually sliced
- 1 lb
- maple bacon sliced into 1" pieces (save the grease)
- 1 1/2 large
- yellow onions sliced
- 2 large
- cans sauerkraut
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 2/3 tsp
- smokey paprika
- 16 oz
- chicken broth
How to Make ~Almost my Grandpop's Kapusta~
- 1Heat a large skillet hot enough for the bacon pieces & spread them across the bottom (you don't need to separate each piece as they will separate as you stir). Stir them around to get the pieces cooked to medium texture. You don't want them crisp for this recipe. Take out the pieces out & place in a small bowl.
- 2Place the pork in the hot bacon grease and brown both sides including the edges. Remove from pan & put aside.
Empty the bacon grease but do not wipe/wash. leave the pan greased.
- 3Rinse the sauerkraut once & spread in heated pan with about 1/3 of the can juice. (I drain the cans and add water & drain again keeping approx. 1/3 of the juice left in each can.
- 4Add sauerkraut along with the sliced onions to the pan & stir while frying to semi-cook the veggies & absorb remaining bacon grease (about 5 min.).