★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 largegreen peppers cut length wise
1 lbground beef
1/4 conion chopped
1 clovegarlik, minced
1/2 ctomatoes chopped
4 ozcheddar cheese shredded
2 ozcheddar cheese shredded for topping
How to Make STUFFED PEPPERS Low Carb
- In a large pot, bring about half a potful of water to a boil. Add the peppers and boil for 3 minutes; drain.
- In the same pot, brown the hamburger, onion and garlic. Drain the fat and stir in the tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cook until the tomatoes are hot; remove from the heat and stir in the 4 ounces of cheese.
- Put the pepper halves in a greased 8x8" baking pan and fill with the meat mixture. Sprinkle the extra cheese on top, if using.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes.
- Per Serving: 388 Calories; 27g Fat; 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs