Ginger's Contadina Meatloaf
How to Make Ginger's Contadina Meatloaf
- Dice your onion and set aside. I find the smaller you dice the onion, the less likely you are to see little ones pick them out!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together well. I use my hands, with gloves on them to keep the fat from being difficult to get off!
- Press ingredients into a large bread loaf pan, using your hands to pull the meat away from the pan and this will provide a place for the cooked fat to pool!
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 75 minutes. It will normally pull away from the pan on it's own, but there is usually quite a bit of fat to drain off before cooling. Let cool once you've drained off the fat, for about 15 minutes.
- I generally slice in the pan, approximatley 1 to 1-1/2 inch slices. You pick your favorite sides, and enjoy! This will store well right in the pan for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator, but it never stays in my fridge for that long! Leftovers are short lived, and the bread pan, as unconventional as it sounded, it the perfect size for slicing for cold meatloaf sandwiches the next day! Yum!