Bar-None Best Meatloaf
- 1 lb
- (to 1-1/4 lb.) ground beef chuck
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onion
- 1/2 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- lightly beaten egg
- (to 15) crushed saltine crackers
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- dried parsley flakes
How to Make Bar-None Best Meatloaf
- 1Place ground beef, egg, chopped onion, and milk in a large mixing bowl and let stand for 30 to 45 minutes to lose the fresh-from-the-refrigerator chill.
- 2Put the crackers in a zip-lock bag and roll with a rolling pin until crushed fairly fine.
- 3Add cracker crumbs to the bowl along with all of the remaining ingredients. Use your hands to mix it all together really well.
- 4Shape into a loaf in a shallow baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with Pam. The secret to this is to flatten the loaf and reshape it a few times which eliminates air pockets.
- 5Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. "Frost" the top with ketchup and return to the oven for about ten additional minutes. Let stand at least five minutes minutes before slicing.