Bar-None Best Meatloaf
1 lb(to 1-1/4 lb.) ground beef chuck
1/2 cfinely chopped onion
1/2 can(s)cream of celery soup
1lightly beaten egg
12(to 15) crushed saltine crackers
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 tspdried parsley flakes
How to Make Bar-None Best Meatloaf
- Place ground beef, egg, chopped onion, and milk in a large mixing bowl and let stand for 30 to 45 minutes to lose the fresh-from-the-refrigerator chill.
- Put the crackers in a zip-lock bag and roll with a rolling pin until crushed fairly fine.
- Add cracker crumbs to the bowl along with all of the remaining ingredients. Use your hands to mix it all together really well.
- Shape into a loaf in a shallow baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with Pam. The secret to this is to flatten the loaf and reshape it a few times which eliminates air pockets.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. "Frost" the top with ketchup and return to the oven for about ten additional minutes. Let stand at least five minutes minutes before slicing.