Bacon Wrapped Smoked Meatloaf
Behold the Bacon Weaved Wrapped Bbq Meatloaf. I have mettled with different ideas and different ingredients and have finally come to a solution!
Now like all other recipes I have seen on here please feel free to modify, critique, and lower your cholesterol with any other spices, herbs, veggies, or no bacon at all! :)
2/3 lbground beef
2/3 lbground pork
2/3 lbground veal
1 smalldiced onion
1 smalldiced green pepper
3/4 cbread crumbs
1 csweet baby rays bbq
1 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspcayenne pepper
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Smoked Meatloaf
- Add the diced onion, green pepper, and ground meat to a mixing bowl. Mix
Next, add the bbq sauce, eggs, bread crumbs, salt & pepper to the bowl. Mix & form and set aside.
- On a piece of tin foil (shiny side up) or parchment paper, which will help later on when applying the weave to your meatloaf, start to make your bacon weave.
Drizzle some BBQ sauce all over the weave & on top of the meatloaf.
- Place the formed meatloaf in the center of the weave and fold the weave onto it making sure to keep the crease at the top. This is where the bbq sauce will come in handy by sticking to the meatloaf. You can use toothpicks to keep everything together if you are having a hard time!
Set aside in the fridge while you prep your grill if you already haven't to smoke/cook!
- Preheat grill to about 250-275 and make sure you are using the indirect cooking method! place your woodchips on for only about 45 mins of the cook time, you don't want to overpower your meatloaf. Cook for about 2 1/2 hrs or until temp is at 135 degrees, and baste the meatloaf with a light coat of bbq sauce. Then continue for about another hour or so or until the internal temp is 165 degrees!
- Remove the meatloaf add another layer of bbq all of the meatloaf and cover with tinfoil for 15 mins! Cut and enjoy!