Whole Stuffed Flounder W/ Crabmeat Dressing
- flounders (small to med) if you can't get whole flounder, filets will work.you will need 8
- you want whole flounder,cleaned w/o head - put fish on cutting board top side up-cut down the middle from top to 2-inch from tail.you want to cut to the bone,remove bone, then peel back both sides of fish
- 6 c
- fresh bread crumbs (not packaged)
- 1/2 c
- onion minced
- 1/2 c
- bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- creole seasoning ( i use tony's)
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 lb
- lump crab meat or 4 cans white lump crabmeat
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter (not margarine)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp
- lemon zest, grated
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
PREPARE YOUR FISH
LEMON, GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
How to Make Whole Stuffed Flounder W/ Crabmeat Dressing
- 2mix creole seasoning and italian seasoning with breadcrumbs,then add onion,bell pepper, and last mayonnaise.Then gently fold in crab meat being careful not to break up lumps of crab. meat.refrigerate I like to make my dressing the day before or the morning of my dinner,it gives the seasoning time to marry together.
- 3LEMON,GARLIC,BUTTER SAUCE:
- 4In small skillet, cook garlic in olive oil until tender (careful not to burn) add butter,creole seasoning,lemon juice and zest, simmer for 2 min.
- 5Put fish in prepared pan, fill with 1 cup crab meat,then lay sides up over the crab meat. cover fish with sauce.
- 6preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray large sheet pan with cooking spray. cook flounder for 30 min.(or until flakey) spoon sauce over fish ever 10 min.When done place each fish on plate and pour sauce from baking dish over fish and serve
- 7If using filets, place one filet on baking pan cover with dressing, top with filet,spoon sauce over filets. cook as above.
- 8TIPS: If you use canned crab be sure to drain off the water in can and rainse the crab at least 3 times to get rid of the can smell and taste.
- 9In the dressing you can add small cooked shrimp or cooked crawfish tails, I love to change it around.
- 10I like to serve mine with a greek salad and hard greek rolls,or a twice baked potato, tossed spinch salad, and garlic bread.
- 11You can also make crab meat rolls,with thin filets, just place dressing on the filet and roll it up then bake with the sauce over it.