Wasabi Mayo Salmon and Avocado Sandwich
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one flavorful sandwich. I loved the deep fried salmon pieces. And the wasabi in the sauce has just enough flavor to let you know that it is there but not overpowering. I also enjoyed the sauteed avocado. I've had never had it that way before but it was perfect for a warm sandwich. The Test Kitchen
1salmon fillet (0.35lb)
1 Tbsprice flour
·salt and pepper
1 1/2 Tbspmayonnaise
1 tspsoy sauce
1 tspwasabi paste
·peanut oil for deep-fry
1 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 Tbspsliced almonds
2croissants, split horizontally
How to Make Wasabi Mayo Salmon and Avocado Sandwich
- Remove skin from salmon fillet and cut into small bite size. Put into a bowl and sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Make sauce. In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, soy sauce and wasabi paste.
- Put enough peanut oil to deep-fry salmons into a work or fry pan and turn on the heat.
- In a bowl, stir together rice flour and cornstarch. Coat salmons and deep fry salmons until crisp and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Put the salmons into the sauce bowl and toss to coat. Fold in sliced almond. Set aside.
- Slice avocado thinly. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté avocadoes for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- On the bottom of croissant, place avocados, then salmons. Put the top of croissant to close the sandwich