Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs
1/3 csour cream
1/4 ccream cheese, room temp
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
3 Tbspminced chives
4 ozsmoked trout, minced
1 tspsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper, ground
How to Make Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs
- Place the eggs in a pot large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Cover the eggs with 2 inches of cold water and bring to a full boil over high heat.
- As soon as the water comes to a full, rolling boil turn off the heat, cover the pot, letting the eggs stand for 15 minutes
- When the 15 minute wait time is up, drain the eggs and fill the pot with cold water.
- Set aside until the eggs are cool.
- Peel the eggs and then slice them in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a mixing bowl.
- To the egg yolks, add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons chives, smoked trout, salt, and pepper.
- At this point you can whisk like crazy or use an electric mixer and whip-it just depends on how creamy you want the filling.
- Lightly salt the egg whites, then fill egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- At this point I take 4 or 5 toothpicks and place them in 4 or 5 filled eggs so that when I cover with plastic wrap it won't stick to the filling.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove wrap, sprinkle with salt, pepper and reserved chives.