Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs
- 8 large
- 1/3 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- cream cheese, room temp
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp
- minced chives
- 4 oz
- smoked trout, minced
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper, ground
How to Make Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs
- 1Place the eggs in a pot large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- 2Cover the eggs with 2 inches of cold water and bring to a full boil over high heat.
- 3As soon as the water comes to a full, rolling boil turn off the heat, cover the pot, letting the eggs stand for 15 minutes
- 4When the 15 minute wait time is up, drain the eggs and fill the pot with cold water.
- 5Set aside until the eggs are cool.
- 6Peel the eggs and then slice them in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a mixing bowl.
- 7To the egg yolks, add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons chives, smoked trout, salt, and pepper.
- 8At this point you can whisk like crazy or use an electric mixer and whip-it just depends on how creamy you want the filling.
- 9Lightly salt the egg whites, then fill egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- 10At this point I take 4 or 5 toothpicks and place them in 4 or 5 filled eggs so that when I cover with plastic wrap it won't stick to the filling.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- 12Remove wrap, sprinkle with salt, pepper and reserved chives.