Lolly St John
- one whole salmon (cleaned)
- one to two palms full of salt
- 1 stick
- butter (olive oil for less fat)
- lemon, sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 c
- juice from 1 lemon or more to taste
- 1/4 c
- green onion (scallions)
- 1 tsp
- fresh dill, chopped or more to taste
How to Make Salty Salmon
- 1Rub outside (skin) of salmon liberally with with salt. Cover or wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate over night.
- 2You can prepare your salmon any way you like.
- 3I like to put about 6 pats of butter, fresh ground pepper, a sliced lemon, and a grated clove of garlic inside (the flesh side) of salmon. Wrap in foil and bake or grill for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size or until flesh is opaque, and serve with home made tarter sauce (recipe below)
- 4Make an easy tarter sauce using 1 cup mayonnaise, juice of one lemon (or more to tasted), 1/4 cup chopped green onion (scallions) and a tsp of chopped dill. Refrigerate before serving. (best when made at least 30 minutes ahead).