Salmon with White Beans, Spinach and Pesto
The amount of spinach is a bit of a guess because I usually just throw some frozen spinach into the pan which seems to be right for two servings.
- salmon filets
- 1 can(s)
- cannelini beans (15oz can)
- medium tomato
- 7 oz
- spinach, frozen
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- water, as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Salmon with White Beans, Spinach and Pesto
- 1In a pan, gently fry the salmon filets in some olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2While salmon is frying, heat olive oil in another pan to medium heat and fry chopped shallot and garlic until translucent. Meanwhile chop the tomato.
- 3Add the chopped tomato, cook until soft, then add the frozen spinach. It can be thawed, too, or you can use fresh spinach, just gently fry until thawed or wilted or soft, then add the drained cannelini beans and 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite pesto.
- 4Add a little water, if needed, and heat until everything is heated through and the pesto and water have combined to form a smooth sauce.
- 5Serve with the fried salmon. Enjoy!