Pan-Seared King Prawns
- 8 to 12 large
- king prawns (shell-on) (deveined)
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp
- white wine
- green onions, shredded
- 2 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 3 or 4 slice
- fresh ginger root, peeled and shredded
- 1 tsp
- sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp
- corn starch mixed with one tbsp water
How to Make Pan-Seared King Prawns
- 1Heat the oil in a non stick shallow pan, and stir fry the garlic and ginger for a few seconds.
- 2Add the prawns (shell-on), and stir fry for about 2 minutes until almost cooked. Add the wine, sesame oil and pepper.
- 3When it reduces, add the corn starch paste to thicken the sauce.
- 4Sprinkle with the shredded green onions and serve immediately.
Can be served on a bed of plain white rice.