Mexican Baked Halibut
·1 1/2 lbs. halibut fillets (cut into 4 - 6 pieces)
·1 large fresh tomato, seeded and chopped
·2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
·1/8 tsp. ground cumin
·1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
·4 green onions, sliced thin
·1 clove garlic, minced
·1/4 tsp. salt
·1 tbsp. fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped (garnish)
·1 lemon, sliced or cut into wedges (for serving)
How to Make Mexican Baked Halibut
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cut halibut fillets into four - six serving pieces. Place in single layer in a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine chopped tomato, lime juice, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, sliced green onions, minced garlic and salt. Mix well and pour over fish.
- Cover and bake for 20 – 25 mins. Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove from baking dish; place on warm serving platter. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or chopped parsley.
- Serve with wedge of lemon. Great with steamed rice.