1. When it comes to walleye, I can't find it so I use cod. Any firm fish will do.
2. Before I dip my fish in the egg mixture, I cover it with cornstarch (being careful not to have extra on the fish). This helps the mixture stick to the fish - compliments of Alton Brown :)
3. The directions did not say how hot to have the oil. I test it with water. If I put a drop of water in the oil and it pops it's ready.
4. Make sure to drain the fish on a rack over top of newspaper. It will keep the fish crunchy.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- crushed ritz crackers
- 1/2 tsp
- walleye fillets
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Honey Walleye
- 1In a small shallow bowl, beat egg. Add honey.
- 2In a plastic bag, combine crackers and salt.
- 3Dip fish in egg mixture, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- 4In a skillet, cook fillets in oil for 3-5 minutes per sides or until golden brown ahd fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedge if desired.