Herbed Trout With Lemon Butter
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- (8 -10 ounce) rainbow trout
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 can(s)
- finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- snipped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge
How to Make Herbed Trout With Lemon Butter
- 1Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- 2On a cutting board, spread each fish open, skin side down.
- 3In a small bowl stir together melted butter and lemon juice. Set half of the butter mixture aside. Brush remaining half of the butter mixture over fish.
- 4In a small bowl stir together onion, rosemary, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle onion mixture over fish.
- 5Fold fish closed. Place fish on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 6Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- 7If desired, sprinkle fish with parsley. Serve fish with lemon wedges and reserved butter mixture.