Grilled Swordfish with Pique de Piña
Pique de Pina MUST BE MADE 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE to allow for fermentation.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 tsp
- whole black peppercorns
- 4 tsp
- canning salt
- 12 sprig(s)
- habanero chiles, halved
- 16 slice
- pineapple rind, about 2-inches wide
- 24 clove
- 12 c
- distilled white vinegar
- 8 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 lb
- swordfish steaks, about 1-inch thick
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE PIQUE DE PINA
FOR THE GRILLED SWORDFISH
How to Make Grilled Swordfish with Pique de Piña
- 2Place the lid on the jar, and allow the jar to ferment for 2 to 3 days on the kitchen countertop.
- 3Drain the pique vinegar from the jar into a clean serving container. The leftover rind and spices in the quart jar can be discarded.
- 4To make the swordfish heat the olive oil in a 10-inch skillet until very hot over medium heat, about 90 seconds.
- 5Add the swordfish steaks, lower the heat slightly, and allow to brown on one side for 5 minutes.
- 6Carefully flip to the other side, allow to brown for another 5 minutes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately with Pique de Piña on the side