Grilled Swordfish with Pique de Piña
Pique de Pina MUST BE MADE 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE to allow for fermentation.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE PIQUE DE PINA
4 tspwhole black peppercorns
4 tspcanning salt
24habanero chiles, halved
16 slicepineapple rind, about 2-inches wide
12 cdistilled white vinegar
FOR THE GRILLED SWORDFISH
8 Tbspolive oil
4 lbswordfish steaks, about 1-inch thick
·sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Grilled Swordfish with Pique de Piña
- Place the lid on the jar, and allow the jar to ferment for 2 to 3 days on the kitchen countertop.
- Drain the pique vinegar from the jar into a clean serving container. The leftover rind and spices in the quart jar can be discarded.
- To make the swordfish heat the olive oil in a 10-inch skillet until very hot over medium heat, about 90 seconds.
- Add the swordfish steaks, lower the heat slightly, and allow to brown on one side for 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip to the other side, allow to brown for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately with Pique de Piña on the side