Grilled Shrimp with Harissa
Sorry I have never taken a picture of it.
- 1 1/2
- shrimp large 12/24 size
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 Tbsp
- harissa paste
- radishes, sliced very thin
- 1/4 c
- basil leaves fresh
- 1 1/2 c
- cilantro, fresh
- kosher salt
How to Make Grilled Shrimp with Harissa
- 1Start by cleaning and deveining the shrimp. Leave a little of the tail on for a handle. This is a finger food after all. When deveining try not to cut too deep. We don't want these butterflied.
- 2Turn on the grill to medium high heat. Mix shrimp, olive oil, harissa and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Toss to cover everything.
- 3Grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side. Shrimp are done when they go from translucent and spoungy to white and firm. Do not overcook the shrimp. That would be a shame.
- 4Remove the shrimp to a plate and let cool. This is a cold dish. When ready to serve coarsly chop the basil and cilantro. Put the shrimp, cilantro,basil and thinly sliced radishes into a large bowl and toss with a little pepper and another pinch of salt.
- 5If you don't like really hot things reduce the amount of harissa a little, maybe down to 2 tabelspoons. If you don't like radishes this works well with thinly sliced jicama too or if you are feeling really adventerous try blanched and cooled celery root julienned.