Garlic Crab Burger
From a Cape May website: "...you may notice the many mugs suspended from the ceiling. Unique in Cape May, the mugs belong to members of the Ugly Mug Club. Each member has his own mug, as they did in the old days of Vaudeville and barbershop quartets. Deceased members of the club are honored by having their mugs hung facing the ocean." :)
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 2 Tbsp
- onion, minced
- 2 tsp
- adobo powder (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp
- just-a-pinch of salt
- 4 slice
- cheddar cheese, sliced (or american)
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1 clove
- garlic, sliced very thin
- 8 oz
- crab meat, cut into small chunks (can use imitation crab)
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- half-n-half (or light cream, or evaporated milk)
- 1/8 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, fresh, chopped
GARLIC CRAB SAUCE
How to Make Garlic Crab Burger
- 1In a bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, Adobo & pepper. Mix well and form into 4 thick burgers.
- 2In a large frying pan, fry burgers on medium until medium-well, and browned nicely on both sides. Add a slice of cheese and allow the cheese to melt. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium sized saute pan add 2 Tbsp butter; when melted add the sliced garlic. Saute over medium heat until the garlic is aromatic.
- 4Add the chunks of crab meat and stir until all crab is coated in the butter & garlic. Continue until heated through. Set aside.
- 5In the same saute pan, add the other 2 Tbsp butter and the minced garlic. Saute until butter is melted and garlic is aromatic. Sprinkle the flour into the butter and whisk until smooth.
- 6Add the milk(s) and continue whisking until the mixture starts to thicken.
- 7Remove from heat and add the Parmesan and the parsley. Stir well.
- 8Add the crab into the garlic sauce. Stir to coat. If sauce is a little thick, add milk; if it is a little thin, add Parmesan.
- 9Place burgers onto buns, and top with a helping of the crab sauce. Enjoy!