- krusteaz brand buttermilk pancake mix - dry
- vegetable oil
- halibut pieces or medalions - 1/2" thick or so
- tartar sauce
- sliced lemons
- veg. oil for frying
How to Make Fried Halibut Medallions
- 1Heat oil in frying pan or cast iron skillet. Oil should be very hot (350*) but not smoking.
- 2Moisten fish if necessary. Dredge halibut pieces in dry Krusteaz Buttermilk pancake mix.
- 3Fry in small batches until golden brown. Do not stack on top of each other while frying. When done fish should flake easily with fork.
- 4Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges or slices.