Dad's Not Home Tuna Casserole by Mom
Certainly not the healthiest of meals but it brings back a lot of memories.
Times were tough, money was tight back then. 1 can of tuna, some soup, a few vegies and some potato chips made a warm and belly filling supper for us.
I still make this casserole and every time I do it's like Mom is in the kitchen with me.
16 oz can tuna - drained
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1soup can of milk
1/2 cfrozen peas
1/2 cfrozen corn
1small can black olives - chopped or sliced
1approx 10 oz bag plain potato chips
1/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
·extra olives for garnish if desired
·sour cream for garnish if desired
How to Make Dad's Not Home Tuna Casserole by Mom
- Preheat oven to 375.
Grease small casserole, 8x8 baking dish or 9" pie plate.
- In medium saucepan warm the soup. Mix in the milk and warm through. Add the peas and the corn. Remove from heat and add tuna.
- Crush entire bag of potato chips. Mix about 3/4 of the chips into the soup mixture.
Stir olives into mixture.
- Put mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
Top with remaining potato chips and the cheese.
- Bake - uncovered - at 375* for about 35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- If desired top with extra olives and a dab of sour cream.