Crusty Hot Pan-Fried Fish
I strove for years to figure out how she did it -- she was a natural cook and I just couldn't seem to learn it from her.
So when I found this recipe, it was wonderful. And, I have no idea where I got it from!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 1/2 tsp
- cajun magic seafood magic spcie mix, divided
- 1 large
- 1 c
- 24 oz
- fish fillets (6 @ 4 oz),speckled trout, drum, or favorite fish
- vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Crusty Hot Pan-Fried Fish
- 1In large skillet, heat about 1/4" oil over medium heat until hot.
- 2In flat pan, combine flour and 2 tsp spice mix. In separate pan, combine egg and milk until well blended. Season fillets by sprinkling about 1/4 tsp spice mix on each.
- 3Coat each fillet with seasoned flour, shake off excess and coat well with milk mixture; then, just before frying, coat fillets once more with flour, shaking off excess.
- 4Fry fillets in hot oil until golden brown, 1 - 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately on heated serving plates.